About

This is a combination of random thoughts, essays, and autocorrect poetry.

Basically, I hit random letters on my iPhone and sometimes by chance I find surprisingly poetic lines like:

Width wiser splatter
Wounded rising
Sequined absinthe against sepia

Saturday, January 25, 2014

A Cluttered Mind

The life of a hermit isn't lonely. Maybe I am a hermit crab.

Is it bad that I enjoy sitting in my room alone?
Our culture is so extrovert-based that I actually feel guilty for not going out on a Saturday night. Well, I feel guilty for not "acting my age" in an odd sort of sense. I act like I am simultaneously a 30 year old woman and a 10 year old boy. 

This is probably going to be rather incoherent because that is my mind's current state, but please bear with me.

There is a difference between being alone and being lonely.
When I am alone I feel at peace. I can focus on me, which is something I struggle to do when I am around others.

I find myself being lonely less. I just want to be alone. It isn't a sign of something wrong with me.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/awesomer/comics-every-introvert-will-understand
These comics are so accurate.

I had an interesting thought the other day. Is one human life worth more than another?
If you had asked me this question a year ago then I wouldn't have hesitated to say that every human life is equal, but lately I've found my opinion shifting slightly.

I think that the main thing that makes a human life worth more is if he or she lives life with passion. The more intensely life is lived, the more it is worth.

*                    *                    *

I'm really proud of making those stars.

You're never too old to make a fort out of pillows and sheets.

No comments:

Post a Comment