About

This is a combination of random thoughts, essays, and autocorrect poetry.

Basically, I hit random letters on my iPhone and sometimes by chance I find surprisingly poetic lines like:

Width wiser splatter
Wounded rising
Sequined absinthe against sepia

Thursday, January 2, 2014

First post of 2014: An odd memory, an introvert's lament, Twilight embarrassment, and Pokemon X

I just had a weird memory pop into my head that gave me a strong urge to write, so bear with me as I ramble. I used to look at my fabric softener sheets as a reminder to take my anxiety meds. I purposefully placed the Snuggles fabric softener box on the shelf across from my bed so I would look at it and think, "Hey, you need to take your medicine!" This is an example of how my mind works.

Often I would forget to take my meds anyway...apparently my fabric softener method wasn't as effective as one would assume. Luke would always tell me to set an alarm, or as he would say alarum because he is pretentious and only spells things the British way. I always refused because my stubborn nature wouldn't give up on the power of Snuggles fabric softener as my own personal remembrall.

Speaking of my medicine, I wasn't able to take it last night because it doesn't mix well with alcohol. And it being the New Year, I drank a bit of wine. I apologize to any cops that might be reading this. I know that I have a large cop readership, so if you'd like to come arrest me for underage drinking, I understand. Jail has always been of interest to me anyway. Lots of time for contemplation, which I enjoy.

Sometimes I get perturbed that the world isn't well accommodated for night-owled introverts such as myself. Work and school begin early and socialization is encouraged and expected. Excessive alone time is thought to be a way of brooding or a sign of some other psychological problem. At college there is nowhere to recharge or get a healthy dose of complete and utter solitude. There is the library, but even there you can run into people you know. I often want a room where there is no possibility of anyone entering. Sometimes I wish I could hire a guard.

The room would be simple, just a nice place to sit and a bookshelf. I could think without any worry of someone needing me. It would be my little semi-selfish sanctuary of contemplation where I could recharge enough energy to socialize again. 

It is the new year. I don't really know if I have a new year's resolution. I'm always on a constant quest for self-improvement full of self-doubt and self-scrutiny, so honestly, the whole new year, new me phenomena is sort of a moot point. I want to write every day if possible and try to submit things for publication. Perhaps I'll exercise more, but that is probably not going to happen. Maybe I'll try to do Zumba in my room again and then laugh at how ridiculous I look in the mirror.

I had a strange experience the other day when I was listening to music. I don't know if it was from sleep deprivation or a sudden return to my good old friend Dramamine, but when I closed my eyes I couldn't stop seeing different instruments or animals wearing party hats. The animals would float into the sky and explode to the rhythm of the song. I used to group certain songs together and make a story, or well, more of an opera out of them. Or I'd try to fit certain songs to certain books I read. Embarrassingly enough, when I was into Twilight, I paired the song "Popular Mechanics for Lovers" by Beulah to Jacob's perspective on his relationship with Bella. I think I posted it on a Twilight forum...oh goodness, embarrassing confessions are embarrassing.

Speaking of embarrassing things about myself, I got my first kiss at a Twilight movie. 

Questions I ask myself: Why doesn't Whoopi Goldberg have eyebrows?

When I watched Rudolph this year I tried to figure out why the red-haired doll is a misfit toy (like I always do) and I decided to Google it. Apparently she has psychological problems and thinks she is a misfit toy even though she has no actual "misfit" characteristics. I wonder if this doll and I have something in common...

Pokemon X has a cafe called "Cafe Introversion" where shy people who still enjoy communicating can gather. Why don't these exist in real life? I think that the creators of Pokemon truly understand their demographic.

During my Pokemon X journey today I fought a herd of Nosepass females. If you don't know what a Nosepass is, you might not find this as amusing as I did.

Here is a Nosepass, in all of its glory.
I like the idea of a bunch of Nosepass females sticking together and forming close bonds based on their struggles with self-image and self-confidence. I picture them building each other up and learning to be strong, rock Pokemon women together as one.

On that note of strength and unity, I am going to conclude this first blog post of 2014. I hope you all have as strong of a support system as this herd of Nosepass females.

No comments:

Post a Comment