About

This is a combination of random thoughts, essays, and autocorrect poetry.

Basically, I hit random letters on my iPhone and sometimes by chance I find surprisingly poetic lines like:

Width wiser splatter
Wounded rising
Sequined absinthe against sepia

Thursday, May 16, 2013

A poem I actually wrote! (not autocorrect poetry)


I Want to Write the Truth
By: Julia Stone

I want to write the truth
Words upon words of reality
Listen to me

Do you dream with your eyes open?
Or eyes closed?
Reality awakens us
The cold chill of water in our faces
Shivering, we stumble
Our dreams dampened

The twisted life of an adolescent
Pulled this way
Then another
Never certain
Never sure

I want to write the truth
Words upon words of reality
Who are we really?
Where are we going?

Like sheep
We form herds
Lead us, we plead
But who is our shepherd?

Conditioned to act this way
Expectations
Just lost sheep
We are flawed
We are flawed

Puzzle pieces never quite fitting
Turn it this way
Then another
Never certain
Never sure

Do they know me
Or do they only know my name
Etched upon us like name tags
Reputations stick

We must hurt
To know happiness
We must be happy
To know hurt

But what madness is this thing called life?
That takes me by the hand
Then stabs me in the back
Only to pick me up again

Can’t sleep
Only thoughts
Can’t speak

It’s never for nothing he said to me
No one is immune to his own scrutiny

At the close
It all unfolds
Will we know then
What we do not know now?

I want to write the truth    
Words upon words of reality

No comments:

Post a Comment