About

This is a combination of random thoughts, essays, and autocorrect poetry.

Basically, I hit random letters on my iPhone and sometimes by chance I find surprisingly poetic lines like:

Width wiser splatter
Wounded rising
Sequined absinthe against sepia

Thursday, May 16, 2013

A sonnet I wrote for english (God I hate fixed form...)


Mark not my love by simple words I say
Nor thee compare me to thy lovers passed
The language love creates is hushed away
A look, a glance, a lingering touch lasts
Because to say “I love you” seems untrue
Such words are empty, overused, and trite
A silence warms thy heart, thy voice subdued
Such comfort lying arm in arm tonight
Yet if thou love me I would rather know
I need thy lovely words to clarify
But words alone are vacant, even so
Thy ears must understand as well as eyes
Though words may caress me, thy tongue can slip
Thy body speaks much louder than thy lips

No comments:

Post a Comment